The Collaborative Piano Institute is created by and for –you know it– collaborative pianists!
We wanted to build a summer program in which YOU get all the attention. The festival offers an intensive experience tailored to your individual needs, through individual lessons, coachings, masterclasses, group classes, lectures, and performance opportunities.
Our main goal is to prepare you for the next step in your life as a collaborator: auditions for graduate school or Young Artist Programs, making pre-screening recordings, job search, as well as in-depth classes on many topics such as diction, coaching, performing, conducting, and much more!
The Festival, founded by experienced collaborative pianists Elena Lacheva and Ana Maria Otamendi, begins on June 3rd and ends on June 23rd. In the second and third weeks of the summer we are happy to partner with Bravo Shattuck-St.Mary’s, a summer festival for String Players led by Professor Sally O’Reilly and featuring an array of accomplished string faculty, who will be available for chamber music coachings. You will be able to collaborate with other accomplished instrumentalists and professional singers in recitals and masterclasses.
FOR our second EDITION, WE ARE PROUD TO WELCOME
A STELLAR FACULTY (watch closely for updates!):
- Martin Katz (Earl V. Moore Collegiate Professor in Music at the University of Michigan and one of the most famous collaborative pianists in the world!).
- Kathleen Kelly (Associate Professor at the University of Michigan, former Director of Musical Studies at the Vienna Staatsoper, and former Head of Music/Music Director at Houston Grand Opera).
- Christopher Turbessi (freelance pianist, conductor, and vocal coach).
- Elena Lacheva (Vocal Coach, University of Houston).
- Ana Maria Otamendi (Head Vocal Coach, University of Houston).
- Eric Olson (Violinist and Director of the Pre-Conservatory Program, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School).
- Jennifer Olson (Professional soprano, professor of voice, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School).
Check out the detailed curriculum of the Institute here: Curriculum
The Collaborative Piano summer Institute offers lectures and group classes in:
- Vocal coaching and score preparation
- Language and diction
- Technique issues
- Time management
- Recital programming
- Musical style and interpretation
- Setting up a coaching studio and career building tips
- Working with and as a conductor
- Audition preparation for graduate school, summer festivals, and Young Artist Programs
- Opportunity to record prescreening video and audio